We live on a water planet. We are all connected to the ocean no matter where we live. The air we breathe, the fresh water we drink, and our climate are all linked to the ocean.
- We provide interactive classroom talks on a variety of ocean topics.
- Ocean biodiversity
- Phytoplankton and marine food webs
- Ocean pollution & recycling
- Marine mammals
- Overfishing and healthy & sustainable seafood
- Climate change and health
- Ocean resources & medicine
- Ocean gratitude
- We facilitate an after school junior ocean explorer program for kindergarten-5th grade students.
- We are developing a ocean naturalist program.
- Our research focuses on people who spend a lot of time in the ocean like lifeguards and surfers. We investigate whether exposure to seawater has any association with human health and mental health effects. We are currently working on 3 projects
- surfer health and ocean exposure
- lifeguard health and ocean exposure
- ocean health and well being
- Our research and education program goal is to inspire ocean conservation and to have people take whatever action they can to protect the ocean environment.
- This year we are planning a world oceans day celebration in June at a local elementary school for all the students to participate in fun activities about ocean conservation.
- We sponsor art, photography, and poetry contests focused on the connections between oceans and people for kindergarten to high school students.